What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Getting back to work

Pipsmom

Guru
It's amazing how a little time, another "older" birthday and a whole lot of emotion can set you back and you forget stuff..... so I'm throwing myself back into practice so not to think to much.....
Not perfect or my best work as I've cant find my caring and precision yet....just taking it slow and steady

After

Hagan.jpg

Before

IMG_5999.JPG

fredfish

Guru
I really like the subtlety - welcome back, good to see your work again.

Cheers

John

Pipsmom

Guru
Thank You John.
I was lucky enough to find a huge amount of real old pictures when I was home that belonged to my mother and grandmother, so lots more practice to keep me busy and occupied

Eggy

Retired Moderator
Welcome back Crystal!

I like the brownish colors.

Maybe make the sand patches a bit darker...

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Welcome back Crystal!

All of this is great but I just need to point out that you are getting extremely good with colorizing foliage, I'm very impressed!

Here's the next foliage challenge for you and the next step in your progression. See all the reflections in the windows?
Screen Shot 2017-09-20 at 10.20.09 AM.png

They are all reflecting the the trees and sky. They need a bit of color because they really stand out for me.

Pipsmom

Guru
Prefect observation Sam, Thank you and will add that tomarrow, think that would add more realisation. Like I said, my mood is in a do not care mode and that's only the depression after a death.....practice and keeping busy learning will help in that respect in time.
The reason the sand is the color it is is because it Screven County my home county and I was trying to match it to be best of my memory....if anything it's a dirty white which is tiny fragments of quartz that is the composite of all our sand beds as we call them...not satisfied I've chosen that right color of it yet and think I might experiment some more with it and try creamy whites yet.
Anymore tips and observations greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Prefer observation Sam, Thank you and will add that tomarrow, think that would add more realisation. Like I said, my mood is in a do not care mode and that's only the depression after a death.....practice and keeping busy learning will help in that respect in time.
Believe me, I completely understand! I only mentioned it in hopes that it would serve as a distraction for you by keeping you busy with another challenge.

Good to see you back here...and with a remarkably good job too.

Getting back to 'work' will sure help to regain your inner equilibrium. I'm with you in my thoughts in these difficult times.

Regard Chris

gedstar

Guru
Hey Crsytal

You know that everyone here supports you and we're really glad to have you back, I'm sure no one can ever experience what you have been through but as Sam said keep doing what your doing :thumbsup:
Hopefully life will get better for you and you can look back at the happy times you had in life with your kids

Regards
Ged