What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some help. Gradient.

DocBugs

I have no idea what i'm doing and could use some help. I'm trying to fade two pictures together for an arcade controller layout. I've followed some vid instructions but the whole thing fades. I've gone to gradient editor and clicked foreground to background but the drop down imagine doesn't change.

Screenshot (1).png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello and welcome to PSG.

Here's my question and example...........

If you had a blue controller and a red controller and you wanted to "fade" the two together, you would add the gradient to the layer mask and not the actual layer itself.

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 9.50.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 9.51.44 PM.png

DocBugs

Thank you very much for the help. I believe that pointed me in the right direction. I'll have to tweak it a bit to get it where I want it.
Screenshot (4).png

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sorry I forgot my question in my previous post................but you have sort of answered it.

OK, here's another question.............did my example cover your original question? If not, let me know so I can help. I'm really not following what it is your trying to do.

DocBugs

You got me heading in right direction. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure what I'm trying to do. I'm making progress. I'm trying to make the original Zelda game map fade and transition into the newest map of the game.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Cool!

The technique I showed you will work for that perfectly.