What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Natural looking composites?

Noz03

I'm trying to switch out a wine bottle in an image I took for a brochure to be printed. It looks ok, but somehow I just feel like I can tell that its been photoshopped... Maybe it's just me, but the bottle seems to pop out a bit more than the rest of the image.

What do you guys think, and what could I do to make it blend more naturally?

Before:
web_DN3_8751-HDR-e.jpg

After:
web_DN3_8751-HDR-e-Edit.jpg

Last edited:

Argos

Guru
I look it at close and it not look photoshopped to me but i know what you mean, i think it just pop up because is the almost the only thing in the kitchen and it's in the middle of the image.

Maybe you can down a little bit that sensation removing a little bit of the intensity of that orange.

Cheers!

Noz03

Hahah yup, the first one is real. The second one is the shopped version. I'm actually a little in the middle as to whether or not it is good enough as it is, but am worried it might stand out even more in print than on the screen.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The bottle and glasses appear too large in the second or after image.

Did you add the bottle and glasses to the first image?

Noz03

The bottle and glasses appear too large in the second or after image.

Did you add the bottle and glasses to the first image?

Nope the glasses were real, just the brand of the green bottle used in the first pic was a bit famously cheap so we wanted to swap it out.

admin

Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
I think it looks natural. You did an excellent job.

This may be one of those situations where because you know it is Photoshopped you are looking at it with bias. The casual observer is not going to notice.