What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with Photoshop recognizing Wacom pressure sensitivity

banzai555

Hello all,

I have used Photoshop with my Wacom Intuos Tablet for years with Windows XP. I recently purchased a new laptop with Vista, and the tablet still seemed to work fine. However, I then upgraded to Windows 7, and now Photoshop (and other art programs) won't recognize the pressure sensitivity. I have tried reinstalling, and no fix.

I opened up the actual driver device under the control panel, and found that the computer IS able to detect pressure sensitivity - e.g. it shows me the % pressure when I use it. But for some reason, I can't get Photoshop to recognize it. Yes, the "shape dynamics" toolbox is selected, and I am able to use the tablet to draw in Photoshop - it's just not pressure sensitive anymore.

Any solutions?

JgraphNet

Power User
The last info I had on this is that the present Wacom drivers are not optimised for Win 7. Lots of complaints have been sent to Wacom with urges to have this fixed but as always in these matters, Wacom blames Win 7 for not being a complete OP and MS says nothing at all ...
That's the state of it to my present knowledge.

There was a driver on an independent website said to guaranteed work in Win 7 but it didn't make any difference on my system and now I can't find that site anymore.

The latest driver for Intous Tablets at Wacoms site is dated Mars 15th.

--- dkj ---

Last edited: