What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone know where the photoshop cs5 essential font folder is?

Bobzworld

Power User
i know the windows font folder is for your system but adobe used to have a font folder of there own, till cs4 anyways.

Steve

Retired Administrator
All the fonts installed by PS are in the C:\Windows\Fonts directory.
I believe you can add new fonts to PS and put them in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Fonts but I'm not sure.

Bobzworld

Power User
there is no C:\Program Files\Common Files\Fonts in cs5.

only

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\FontsRequired

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\FontsRecommended

in cs5

Steve

Retired Administrator

only

in cs5

You may be right.
I have those two directories but also a "Fonts" directory
I also have CS3 installed and "Fonts" could be there because of CS3.

This info from Adobe lists the required and optional fonts for CS5.
As I understand it the Adobe fonts installed in C:\Windows\Fonts will be available for all programs.

If you move them to the appropriate C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ location they will only load and be available when you open an Adobe program.

hawkeye

Guru
The Windows fonts folder is what you use to add new fonts. The fastest way is Control Panel-Fonts. Drop the new font in that folder and restart PS, it will then be available for use.

Brian Kelly

only

in cs5

Has anyone found away of getting the font in to PS without using the window fonts

I got a font pack of 5000 fonts but when I load in to window it take twice as long to load and also lower at most things.

I have seen on a lot of forums that if you load state in to PS then it runs much better.

Any Help would be great

Markus Timtner

Hi there.

Just tried it out and this is what works for me:
If not present, create the Folder
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts

and copy your fonts there.
They will be recognized by PS CS5,
but won't load at windows startup.

Kind regards, mtness.

aps

Create a folder called Fonts and add it to the Adobe CS5 application folder that needs it. Such as indesign.

countrytechdesign

Hi there.

If not present, create the Folder
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts

and copy your fonts there.

Kind regards, mtness.

Hey Markus,

I'm new to this forum, but had to THANK YOU personally!

I have been searching for a solution to this very basic problem for a couple of weeks now!
To say "I'm frustrated" is an understatement!

Thanks to you, I can now load all of my fonts (over 10,000+) without having to install them in Windows 7 main font folder.

I was hesitant to do so, because most if not all of these fonts I would never use in a standard application such as Microsoft word.

I needed a solution that would allow me only make these fonts available solely for use in my design & video production, and as well as PDF creation software suites. I'm now "happier than a pig in shit on a hot July summer day (but without the stench)" thanks to you!

Once Again, Thanks!

God Bless!

Thanks