What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My "line tool" is stuck as an "arrow"

Status
Not open for further replies.

domino66

Never run into this one before...all of a sudden, my regular photoshop line tool is drawing an ARROW with an arrow head on it, and I can't get it to stop. Look:

arrowa.jpg

The line tool is clearly selected, but it draws an arrow when I try to draw a line. It's as though it's "stuck" drawing a custom shape (of an arrow)...all of the other shapes work normally...it's just the line tool (which i need lol!) that draws arrows. I've closed and re-opened PS, no dice.

The *only* thing I can think of: I was using the line tool normally, and then i changed the "weight" to 2.0 cm to see what would happen...then it started started drawing arrows...so I thought "hm...weird", and i changed the weight back to 0.5cm. But now I'm stuck with arrows all the time! That 'weight' thing is probably unrelated to the problem, but just thought i'd mention it.

Hoogle

Guru
re: My "line tool" is stuck as an "arrow"

on your left circle click that black arrow and navigate to reset tool that should fix it if not close photoshop hold down cntrl + shift + and alt and reclick photoshop icon when it says are you sure you want to delete the preference file select yes and that will restore all tools back to default settings

Vafann

Guru

Never run into this one before...all of a sudden, my regular photoshop line tool is drawing an ARROW with an arrow head on it, and I can't get it to stop. Look:

View attachment 6841

The line tool is clearly selected, but it draws an arrow when I try to draw a line. It's as though it's "stuck" drawing a custom shape (of an arrow)...all of the other shapes work normally...it's just the line tool (which i need lol!) that draws arrows. I've closed and re-opened PS, no dice.

The *only* thing I can think of: I was using the line tool normally, and then i changed the "weight" to 2.0 cm to see what would happen...then it started started drawing arrows...so I thought "hm...weird", and i changed the weight back to 0.5cm. But now I'm stuck with arrows all the time! That 'weight' thing is probably unrelated to the problem, but just thought i'd mention it.

I remember this happening to me once.. you probably just ticked the box by mistake somehow?

Introducton to Adobe Photoshop | The Line Tool

hawkeye

Guru

Click the Geometry Options button on the tool bar, that's where you set the arrow options. If you uncheck the start/end boxes it will be a line only.

Status
Not open for further replies.