What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

image size reduction from raw to cs5

warren mckay

Hi,
A problem that has started for me over the last week. see if i can make sense. i use a canon EOD 1 D MK 3 and shoot in raw. i use breeze browser to view my pics. i take the pic into camera raw[version 6] edit and then open in photoshop cs 5. here is my problem. before when transferring i would have an image size of 43 cm's and now i have an image size of 20 cm. the dpi has remained the same at 300 dpi. As i do bird photography a lot of the birds i take pics of are small so i would crop down to 25 keeping the bird in the centre of the image.problem is at 20 cm i have no lee way and the images are not of the same quality i have had over the last 5 years when enlarging.:banghead:

Paul MR

The Script Master
When you open your picture in Adobe Camera Raw, click the line of blue text at the bottom of the screen, this will give you various options to set the PPI, size, profile etc.

Attachments

• acr.jpg
    acr.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 9

warren mckay

Hi
cool, i have been using photoshop for 5 years so i pretty much know my way around, so i have already done as you suggested,i have reloaded photoshop cs5 and all the plugins and updates and reloaded again without the updates and am still encountering the same problem. have phoned photoshop support in India which was a complete waste of time used various forums until i ended up here. my frustrations are huge as i have deadlines for local publications and i am unable to process the images to where i need them.i have even tried using another computor with cs5 extended and still i have the same problem. i have checked all the settings on my cameras. i have changed nothing and yet it is still happening.

thank you for the suggestion Paul.

Paul MR

The Script Master
Checking the cameras it a good move, but it is worth checking if you have a preset set as default in ACR?
You could try and set one document to use the default and see if that makes a difference.

Attachments

• ACR2.jpg
    ACR2.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 3