What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brush Problems - ABR = Adobe Reader?

ABR

I have been watching some tutorials on how to install brushes from brusheezy.com to photoshop. In the videos I watch, they all use WinRAR (which i have and know how to use). When they use WinRAR and extract the files they downloaded from brusheezy and they end up with an ABR file that has a logo saying "Brushes". When i do it, i get an ABR file but mine has the adobe reader logo and when i open it, it opens Adobe Reader and says it cannot open the file. Please help i need brushes on CS5.

THANKS:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
it was only an hour since your last post. let's not get impatient now (yes i know i'm being contradictory)

grab the abr file and put it into C:\ program files\Adobe\adobe photoshop CS5\ presets\ brushes.
open photoshop and it should turn up on the list of brushes when you go into the brush preset menu, if not press load brushes.

Reactions: ABR

SeniorS

Guru
If you are on PC.
1. With mouse, right click on that brush file.
2. Choose Open with...
3. If there in the list is Photoshop choose it. If don't there somewhere should be "Browse" and find where PS exe file is installed on computer.
4. Check "Always use selected program....."
5. Click OK.

Theoreticly now .ABR will be binded to Photoshop. On macintish it's pretty much same.

Reactions: ABR

Hoogle

Guru
I honestly keep all my brushes in a seperate folder actually all on a completely different hard drive then just load them in as I need them same as anything like fonts brushes shapes layer styles etc etc because trust me when you get into having hundreds of brushes all installed then your photoshop with just get slower and slower, Not to mention gets harder to find the brushes you want when you have 1000's installed.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
i just rename them 1, 2 ,3, 4 ,5 etc. etc. then i have a word document displaying which brush lot contains what. works for me!
io don't know how many brushes i have, but there is allot i know that much. i hardly ever use them and they don't slow photoshop down any :/