What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Outline when layer or image is rotated 45 degrees

bkwebdesign

I am trying to incorporate a stock photo of a camera into a client's logo. One major issue is that they want it at a 45 degree angle to align with the diagonal of a letter 'R' but when I rotate the image there is a thin outline of it that is white or light gray and stands out against the gray background. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Hoogle

Guru
Apply a layer mask to the layer and then paint out any excess ghosting.

Paul

Former Member
Or when you 'cut out' the camera image do a refine edge pass over it, you can either 'shift' the edge to take out the fuzzing or 'smooth' out the edge.

ibclare

Queen Bee
That's what I was thnking. It might work, expanding the edges or as Hoogle suggested, you can mask it, take the pen tool or polygonal lasso around the rotated image and fill it with black. That is more precise than painting.