What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

not able to do save psd as png, bmp or any other format

microchip78

Hi Photoshop Gurus,

I am having a strange problem.

Here is the profile of my photoshop and my iMac.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Adobe Photoshop Version: 12.0.4 (12.0.4x20110407 [20110407.r.1265 2011/04/07:02:00:00 cutoff; r branch]) x64
Operating System: Mac OS 10.7.2
System architecture: Intel CPU Family:6, Model:42, Stepping:7 with MMX, SSE Integer, SSE FP, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4.1, SSE4.2, HyperThreading
Physical processor count: 4
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: 3400 MHz
Built-in memory: 16384 MB
Free memory: 10158 MB
Memory available to Photoshop: 14812 MB
Memory used by Photoshop: 70 %
Image tile size: 128K
Image cache levels: 4
OpenGL Drawing: Enabled.
OpenGL Drawing Mode: Normal
OpenGL Allow Normal Mode: True.
OpenGL Allow Advanced Mode: False.
OpenGL Crash File: Not Detected.
OpenGL Allow Old GPUs: Not Detected.
OpenGL Version: 2.1 ATI-7.12.9
Video Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Video Card Renderer: ATI Radeon HD 6970M OpenGL Engine
Display: 1
Main Display
Display Depth:= 32
Display Bounds:= top: 0, left: 0, bottom: 1440, right: 2560
Video Renderer ID: 16915205
Video Card Memory: 2030 MB
Serial number: 92299986636510763710
Application folder: Macintosh HD:Applications:Adobe Photoshop CS5:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Till yesterday, it was all working fine. I was able to save .psd file as .png, .bmp or .tga format. But suddenly I am not able to save as .png or .bmp or .tga file at all.

I have attached a screenshot here about the error I am getting. And I get this error, I cant access anything form photoshop window menu. To access the menu I have close the application and restart it.

I have tried almost everything. I have updated to latest patch but still hasnt fixed.
I have uninstall it completely and Install it again and still it hasnt fixed an issue.
I have clear the preferences by from the Library of the user.
I have also tried using [Shift + Options + Command] to clear the user settings while opening an application.

I really have no idea what is causing this issue and how to fix it.

If someone have experienced this before or have an idea how to fix it please suggest.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-10-22 at 10.05.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-10-22 at 10.05.24 PM.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 17

Hoogle

Guru
Uninstalling it and reinstalling it might not have been enough everytime you load use phhotoshop it creates a scratch file on your drive couldnt tell you the default location of it on a mac this file saves your latest settings if you uninstall photoshop that file does not get deleted by default so when you reinstall photoshop it will pick up on your last settings from your scratch file you will need to google the default location of this file on a mac and delete it after uninstalling it then reinstall. Sounds like you have corrupted your save file as plugins folder somewhere in the adobe program directory cant think of the top of my head there is either a preset or a plugin that tells photoshop the script for saving files ie jpeg, raw, png,tiff. Bad news is if that has been corrupted then maybe other things have on your hard drive. before reinstalling it do a good virus check and spyware. Also you may be able to delete your scratch file using a program on the pc we have called cc cleaner but not sure if that will work on a mac it is a free download.
this is the default location of scratch disk on windows but cant seem to find it for a mac
C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Local Settings\Temp\Photoshop Temp2090263424

Adam McIntyre

How big is the document you are trying to save?

If it is above the 4GB Fat32 limit (or whatever the limit is these days) you won't be able to save it unfortunately, however other file formats (the ones it is allowing you to save as) may be using higher compression or something like that.

DarkPhoenix

Re-installing could be the best and easiest way here instead of putting too much brain to it.

But, you should also try to clear up the cache and temporary files from your system, as often i have seen that when we some sudden problems, they are the reason behind. So try doing that once, if nothing happens go for the first way out.