What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem with content aware fill.

SirHale

Ok, so this is my first post and probably my last depending on whether I get any more problems. I've been using Phototshop CS5 for a while now, mostly to make graphics for a website I'm a part of. Up until today, I've been able to cut things out using the polygonal lasso tool; I've been able to remove the background from for example a photo of a person and can then put the background-less person in front of what ever I want - It's a cutout. Hopefully you get my drift.

Anyway, so that was all fine up until I used the content aware fill for some things, now I had to highlight the image with the lasso as always and then click edit, fill, content aware. This worked and I could still cut out the background by pressing backspace, everything was fine.

Today however I've tried removing a background and instead of it just doing so when background is pressed, I get a box telling me to content aware fill it. This is very annoying as I don't want this, I want the background gone yet I can't make it happen, I can only do content aware fill.

I've tried opening photoshop with ctrl, alt and shift held down to delete the memory of it but it has done no good. Does anyone know how I can make photoshop how it was when I could remove backgrounds by highlighting the object with lasso and pressing backspace.

Thanks in advance,

~SirHale.

Sir Hale, you should stick around. Your techniques will improve and you will learn so many time-saving ways to do stuff, you will double your productivity. If you don't believe me, just try it out for a month or so! BTW, welcome to the forum.

I would make an introduction thread but I need 5 posts to show off my stuff... So I apologise for doing this but...

Back