What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text Tool Selection Inheriting Traits From Last Selection

Rob Schultz

Hi folks,

I've been having some trouble with a little text tool 'feature' that appeared in, I think, Photoshop CS4 and remains in CS5. When selecting a portion of text and changing a property in the Character Palette such as line height or kerning - the next text selection that you make will inherit those settings. Useful if you're editing blocks of text all with the same properties, but when doing work like mine where I'm often tweaking a word letter-by-letter it's absolutely infuriating.

I've scoured Photoshop and the character palette's preferences top to bottom and I can't see a way to disable this. Am I blind? Is there a modifier key I can hold to prevent it? If I could, it would speed up my workflow immensely! Anybody have a solution or some suggestions?

Much thanks in advance!