What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

major banding problem

peta62

Guru
In my understanding "point sample" means "take the pixel I point on", so it always gives you back some already existing colour and you cannot create new one. Could you, please, change it to some pixel range, so it can do average of those pixels, this should help especially when you sample on the edge of two colours.

peta62

Guru
But it seems less banding to me. Just a thought, what if you blur it, either by blur tool or filter ? This could show whether the problem is in tool or display.

elle000

i did some gaussian blur on it:

Untitled8.png

and this is what it looks like after some further blurring:

Untitled9.png

do you see the banding or is it just me? its more obvious for me in the second pic

peta62

Guru
I would like to read some other opinion too, but I do not see any banding on the second picture. Can you just check it on this page from some other computer ?

Correction : I see a bit on magnified screen, but it may be connected to number of grey shades configured for monitor.

Last edited:

oxonium

i may have missed this in one of the other replies but have you tried doing 16/bit images instead of 8bit = Image>mode 16 bits/channel.

its important that u make the image 16 bit before u draw new lines. Just create a new image make it 16 bit and start drawing you should not ahve banding issues then i belive.

---

edit by forum moderator for commercial link

Last edited by a moderator:

elle000

I havent another pc to see if the same problem happens there unfortunately

oxonium i have done what you said, but the same thing happens :(

i have decided to refrain from using super fuzzy brushes until the problem is resolved, it seems to work fine so far if i use textured or hard brushes for blending

i want to thank everyone so much for their help, and if anyone else has anymore ideas feel free to post

Last edited: