What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TOOLS -- single cursor

cjogo

CROP_1.jpgSuddenly my screen now shows 3 items for many of my tools selected .........how do we reset ??

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Try:
Change the Windows text size to 149% or 151%.
To change the text size:

Choose Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display.
Choose Set custom text size (DPI) in the menu on the left panel.
Type in 149 or 151 into the Scale to this percentage of normal size field.
Press enter and click OK.
Choose to log off and then log on to make the change.

cjogo

thanks > they are already set to 150 -- So must be something else ?

Just started a few weeks ago ~~for 20+ years there was always one crop symbol .. now if you grab the corner of you image and you are not precise the second symbol will cause the image to rotate ?? :cry:

Same with the info tool --hard to pin point the exact spot, when there are NOW > THREE symbols a millimeter a part :banghead:

Last edited:

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
I would try them at either 149 or 151 fella, no harm is trying it. It's to do with the Windows font size. Quite common for some reason.

cjogo

I would try them at either 149 or 151 fella, no harm is trying it. It's to do with the Windows font size. Quite common for some reason.
Will try -- never visited that DISPLAY menu before ...maybe something to do with WIN 7 ??

thanks again

cjogo

Tried both 149- 151 >> So you think it is a WIN 7 problem not CS ??

My other 3 PC's running XP > have never ever had this problem

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
3 cursors is a common problem it seems (Check Google) and changing the font size as I described above normally fixes the problem. As a last resort, have you tried re-installing Ps?

cjogo

Still appears :: not sure if it is a WIN or CS problem >> just know it was not there in the last 15 years :-(

ibclare

Queen Bee
Have you tried reinstalling? IDK; I'm not the tech one here. I'll see if I can PM someone. I'm also going to move your thread since it belongs under Photoshop troubleshooting.

Last edited:

Steve

Retired Administrator
Try going to Preferences CTRL+K then to Performance.
In CS6 unchreck Use Graphic Processor in CS4 & 5 uncheck Enable OpenGL Drawing

Also make sure your video card driver is up to date.
Good Luck