What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tiffs are blurred/colour changed in photoshop and clear/perfect in windows paint?

HDR

I have been learning photography and editing my images in photoshop.

Yesterday by chance I discovered that photoshop is not showing my tiff files correctly, I created a Tiff file with a program called photomatix and saved it.

When I open a tiff file in "windows paint" it is perfect and clear

When I open a tiff file in photoshop it is slughtly blurred and the colour is different compared to the windows paint version.

For the purposes of testing I also downloaded a random tiff image file from the internet, ran the same test and indeed photoshop opens up a slightly blurred version. Windows paint opens up a perfect version which is identical to the random image I found on the web.

I am hoping that I have some kind of quality setting incorrectly set, can't though for the life of me solve this and would be eternally greateful for any help.

Many thanks

Example comparison

Attachments

• photoshop test comparison.jpg
    photoshop test comparison.jpg
    445.7 KB · Views: 6

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
Have you got the correct colour space selected in Ps, Image>Mode>correct colour RGB/CYMK also what dpi are your images at?

HDR

Hi there Chris

Firstly many thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated..

I just looked at the settings you mention....

Mine are set to RGB and lower down the list the 8 bits channel is ticked...

The image is set to 300 DPI, I checked windows paint and that too is set to 300 DPI

Regards
David

HDR

One thing to add this only seems a problem with tiff files, jpgs are showing correctly but the trouble is I need tiffs in order to use the bridge editing facilty in photoshop...

HDR

Problem solved..

In case this helps anyone else.....

Reduce the Cache Levels value to 1 in Photoshop's Preferences > Performance
then "relaunch" Photoshop