What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blurred Design Elements

owenhscott

Hey everyone,
I'm having issues where I'm getting clarity in my text layers (non-rasterized) but am getting blurring on all the design elements of my image. The lamp elements are edited and re-sized, however the lines (solid and dotted) are pen-tool based vectors that I then stroked with the brush tool. I can't seem to figure out what's going on. It seems to be an issue only with this project, as I haven't had this issue with others, but I'm failing to isolate what I"m doing differently. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Janet Invite2.jpg

ibclare

Queen Bee
It looks weird, like jpeg compression. I assume you're using a high resolution. It certainly is large given the enlargement on the forum. Have you tried stroking the image with the edit menu rather than the stroke path with brush? I also assume your brush is set to full hardness for the stroke.

If you have Illustrator, it might work better to do your enlargement there. I'm not much of an Illustrator user so I'm sure others will have ideas. I just happened to be online when our post popped up.

Inkz

Guru
When you say, the lamps were resized...

Did you mean you made them larger or smaller?

owenhscott

It looks weird, like jpeg compression. I assume you're using a high resolution. It certainly is large given the enlargement on the forum. Have you tried stroking the image with the edit menu rather than the stroke path with brush? I also assume your brush is set to full hardness for the stroke.

If you have Illustrator, it might work better to do your enlargement there. I'm not much of an Illustrator user so I'm sure others will have ideas. I just happened to be online when our post popped up.

Yep, I'm running 600 pixels/inch for resolution. I'll give stroking the image with the edit menu a shot and see what happens. Thanks! ANd unfortunately I don't have illustrator, I wish I did in these situations though...

When you say, the lamps were resized...

Did you mean you made them larger or smaller?

Uh... both. :p The large one was scaled up maybe 20% and the others were decreased singificantly more, but I can't remember exactly. I have accidentally deleted the original image now so checking the exact specs of my resizing will take more time.

ibclare

Queen Bee
I have accidentally deleted the original image now so checking the exact specs of my resizing will take more time.

OWWWWuch.

I don't have to tell you (right?), but first thing is take steps to not let that happen. The other thing is, if you have CS5 or 6 (and maybe earlier?), you have the option of creating a smart object so that transforming size is non-destructive. But you're not alone in that goof. How many of us have not done it, lol . . .

owenhscott

OWWWWuch.

I don't have to tell you (right?), but first thing is take steps to not let that happen. The other thing is, if you have CS5 or 6 (and maybe earlier?), you have the option of creating a smart object so that transforming size is non-destructive. But you're not alone in that goof. How many of us have not done it, lol . . .

Heh, oh yeah, I've done it before and usually take the steps to avoid it, but apparently I was being a schmuck this time around. :p I'll try creating it as a smart object next time around for size transform and hopefully that'll help too. I'll re-post when I've had time to make these adjustments and see if they correct the issue.

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
As far as text, make sure it's set to smooth, should get rid of this jaggies. As Clare has suggested, make anything a Smart Object if you can, leave it as a smart object until you're done with messing with scale etc.

I too, have deleted images by mistake. Gutting experience but don't dwell on it or else it will eat you hehe