What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gooky images

Indigo

This evening I tried to upload an image of a glass ball. What I ended up seeing was gook on the picture. It is the second time this week this happened (embarrassed). I have looked at the image, all the layers and don't know where it's coming from. Any suggestions?

Erik

Guru
All the layers...do you mean it still has layers? Then it must be saved as a PSD or a TIFF, and those you can't upload as images.
If this is the case, try saving it as a jpg after "flattenng the image".

Do use SAVE AS or your flattened image will be replacing the layered one. (just a hint...)

Indigo

Thanks Erik for your reply. I save images both as Jpegs after flattening the image and also as psd files containing all the layers. Neither version shows anything that tells me why there's this messiness.

kiwi

Guru
Can you post the gooky image so we can see please Indigo,it might make it easier to work out what is happening :)

When you say gook do you mean artifacts?

Stu.

Indigo

Thanks for the offer, Stu. Yep, I'm getting "extra" stuff on it. However, I'll scrutinize the image zoomed up to see what's what. If I can't figure it out, will post the image here. No point in wasting anyone's time (I mean not more than I'm already doing). :)