What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I am having trouble with layer mask settings (I THINK)

Soonosaj

Hi there, this is my first post of hopefully many i love using photoshop however my enjoy has been mered wtih an issue i have with my layer mask..

When i try to use layer mask to blend two images together where it used to completely remove the top layer it now only removes like 80% leaving like transparent viewof the top layer????

I have tried all the settings i can find in mask to reset this. I have reset mask tool only and then even all tools.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help...

Thanks

Jason

Soonosaj

Yup i sure have. they are set to 100%
and yet it still is there.....

Could it be the brush setting? when i use the brush to work on the mask its like its only removing 80%

Remote-Medic

Beast RARRR!
you are using Colour: 000000 aren't you, anything other than complete black will also cause this.

Soonosaj

Please forgive my ignorance but where do i find that out? or change it? are you talking in brush settings? or mask settings?
thanks

Soonosaj

You are a true champion.....thats what it was
thank you so so so much
i knew it would have been something simple i have stuffed up lol.....