What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New cs6 not working

Hi,

A friend of mine has given me a copy of his legitimate cs6, he dragged copied them onto my mac. He used this process for one of his older macs and said it worked fine.

When I open any of the applications e.g. photoshop I get a configuration message with error 1 and says I should reinstall which does not work.

Does anyone have any idea why it would not work?

Thanks

Fatboy73

Guru
Hi,

A friend of mine has given me a copy of his legitimate cs6, he dragged copied them onto my mac. He used this process for one of his older macs and said it worked fine.

When I open any of the applications e.g. photoshop I get a configuration message with error 1 and says I should reinstall which does not work.

Does anyone have any idea why it would not work?

Thanks

You might want to seriously think about whether Adobe would make it that easy to copy and pass it's software around from computer to computer. If your friend legitimately bought the software then he would have to register and activate it online before he could use it and it won't work on any other computer than his without employing nefarious means.

MikeMc

McGuru
This was possible to do back with PS7..

I know the registration for a legal copy will allow you to install and use 2 copies on 2 different machines per serial number on CS5 and CS6...A student version is 199.00 , legal