What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Path editing problems in CS6

tallon

When I need to 'wrap' text, I create a shape path using, usually, the rectangle tool in path mode and then when I select the type tool and hover over the inside of the rectangle, I can add the text which fits into the rectangle and wraps. Later, I can go back to the shape tool in path mode and go into 'subtract' mode and then cut bits out of the shape so that the text follows a whatever shape I want etc.

This worked fine in CS5 but only seems to work occasionally in CS6....

Now, if I select my existing rectangle (containing my text) as normal, then go to the shape tool to edit, the rectangle is immdeiately deselected, so it doesn't edit it. Why is this happening?

Now and then I can get it to work, but I don't understand how or why - most of the time it doesn't.

What am I missing?

iDad

Guru
your shape tool thinks you're creating another shape, select your text tool to edit , if it hasnt been Rasterized , you should be all set