What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bridge CS6 & Facebook Error

RootBeerTuna

I'm not entirely sure if this is the appropriate place for this or not, as it is an issue with Bridge that I'm having, and not Photoshop, but I thought I would ask anyway considering I can't find any help through Google or Adobe.

I have Adobe Bridge CS6 and Photoshop CS6. Up until today I had been able to export to Facebook through Bridge. Now I cannot. When I double click on the Facebook export tab thing and click on Login I get this error message:

Facebook Error

An error occurred while request Facebook connection.

Facebook Error:

The error message itself doesn't even sound grammatically correct, but who am I to say for sure, I'm no English major.

Anyway, everything was working fine 24 hours ago, but I'm unable to connect to Facebook now through Bridge at all. Flickr works fine, and Adobephotoshop.com works fine as well. Bridge used to always pop-up Chrome and have me "login" to Facebook each time I would create a new preset, but now it doesn't even attempt to load Chrome. I'm hoping someone on here can help, or point me in the right direction to find some help.

Thanks in advance.

Hoogle

Guru
Facebook are doing a lot of security updates on how things can connect to it I am guessing this is probably what the problem is the issue is either facebook end and refusing legit connections or adobe need to roll out an update to meet the new requirements for direct connecting to facebook.

RootBeerTuna

Thank you both. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having issues. Oddly though, Lightroom works perfectly with Facebook. It's just Bridge that isn't working at the moment. Hopefully it's just temporary, as I'm not a big fan of Lightroom yet.

madpharoah

Has anyone figured this out? I recently upgraded to CS6 from CS5 and am now having this error as well. Would really like to get it to work.

Thanks

MrToM

Guru
For some reason known only to the great minds at Adobe uploading is only possible in North America.

From THIS page it says...

Exporting to Facebook, Flickr, and Photoshop.com is available only in North America.

So, I'd love to help ya out but I'm currently not in North America.

FTR, Bridge CC doesn't have ANY export option.....period!
Adobe moved it to Lightroom CC so you have to buy that as well if you want to export anything.
Those Adobe minds just keep coming out with those great ideas!

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
Yeah....I did notice it was a tad out of date but just shows the issue still exists after all that time.
Unfortunately it looks like it can only be solved by those in a certain location....quite why that is I dunno.

At least the latest post brought it to my attention, so instead of wasting time searching for the 'export' option all I have to do now is move to Canada.

I love the simple solutions Adobe come up with.

Regards.
MrTom.