What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unable to install Fonts in CS6

djtooie

I recently switched to Mac and installed CS6 on my Macbook Pro. Everything in Photoshop works correctly except for my fonts.

When I go to install a font the Font Book appears, a progress bar appears and then nothing. There are no new fonts anywhere even though it appeared to have installed.

Sometimes prior to clicking install when the font preview appears a little dialogue box also appears stating that there may be a minor problem with installation but this is does not happen every time. I have tried several different fonts/websites as well.

I have no other problem with any other features. I have been able to install brushes with no problem at all.

Thanks in advance.

iDad

Guru
I use a Mac also I use a font management program called "suitcase fusion 5" I have never had a problem with it Fontbook with Mac always gave me a headache

Last edited:

djtooie

Okay. I will try that program when I get home from class. I'll let you know how it goes. I'm beginning to think it's an OS problem however.

iDad

Guru
Not sure try searching with this phrase "font management for mac os x"

djtooie

Okay. I tried another font management software and installed fonts into it. These fonts still are not showing up in PS. I have restarted PS and my computer. I'm stuck.

iDad

Guru
You need to point ps to your font library in preferences.

iDad

Guru
I haven't had to do that in a long time, to give you the path I can't remember but somebody will be able to.I'm not on the computer I'm only on iPad at moment

djtooie

I looked through preference earlier to see if there was anything like that. Would that path not being set cause the fonts to not show up in Font Book as well?

iDad

Guru
Yes. Go to Apple discussion forums there are font issue threads there it's a very helpful site for Apple computers.

djtooie

Would you mind linking some of these forums when you get a chance? I have been looking through forums all day and can't seem to find anything.

iDad

Guru
Go herehttps://discussions.apple.com/index.jspa explain your problem you'll get an answer real quick although it's late on the East Coast. You may have to join in order to ask questions I'm not sure about that I'm calling it a night, good luck