What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need to recover my serial number

I purchased a used MacBook Pro, complete with CS5, from a private party whom I am no longer in contact with. Everything seems to work except Photoshop. Originally, upon program initialion an erroro message would appear, reading:
One or more files in the Adobe Application support folder, necessary for running Photoshop, are missing. Please run the Photoshop installer and re-install Photoshop.

I just uninstalled and reinstalled the program, but I can't find the serial code! So I installed the trial version which will keep me going for a while, but I need to figure out how to unlock the program before my trial expires!

Can I obtain the serial code from Illustrator or one of the other functioning CS5 Applications?

iDad

Guru
Contact Adobe with your email address that you used to purchase they'll have it for you

The problem is that it was purchased by the previous owner of this computer. I don't know what the email used to purchase it was...

iDad

Guru
Then it is not yours you're out of luck:banghead:

iDad

Guru
Adobe frowns on piracy big time

iDad

Guru
Tell that to adobe. Software is a separate component. Whoever bought the computer first bought the software and added it to it. With a key probably in their name. I know it's a bummer but that's the way it is.

OK. When you buy the adobe suite do you get one serial number that you use for each application, or does each program have it's own key?

iDad

Guru
If you buy the suite. You get one number, if you buy separate you get different numbers. But I think it is all CC now as I stated before it's a subject you need to address with adobe.

I'm in line now at customer support chat. thanks. I just wonder if I couldn't find the serial number in one of the other programs

iDad

Guru
If the computer is in your name now then they are going to consider it null and void just a heads up

MikeMc

McGuru
Another thought...With CS5 you are allowed 2 machines to use your copy on. If the seller moved it over to another PC yours might be unable to use the software. You can still find legal copies of CS5 online, fewer and fewer though as the CC is growing

ibclare

Queen Bee
Have you tried contacting the seller for more info; like maybe he/she kept some paperwork accidentally that has more info you need.

And what did you learn from your chat with Adobe?