What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CS6 brush/shape dynamics problem

apex

I'm having an issue with the shape dynamics option in brush settings in CS6. I have the shape dynamics set to pen pressure with everything else off. When I make any kind of brush stroke, it leaves a strange little rounded line type of thing at the end of it. I've tried everything I can think of to fix the problem but nothing works & it's very important that I'm able to draw without having these odd ends after each stroke. Can anybody help me figure out what I'm missing? I have an image of what happens when I try to draw just simple lines (some with transfer enabled, some with it disabled)

BRUSH-PROBLEM.jpg
Thanks!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hello Apex and welcome. This is a tip sensitivity problem or setting in your tablet. What tablet are you using?

apex

Thank you for the kind welcome!

I am (unfortunately) using a monoprice tablet. That's about as specific as I can be as to the tablet. I hadn't thought it was a problem with the tablet/pen settings as I've opened up the control panel for tablet settings and have tested the pen in the "pressure test" box. When I try it out in the box for testing, it seems to work perfectly without any extra lines behind the strokes. This is what led me to believe is was an issue with my photoshop settings. Now that I'm aware that it may be my tablet/pen settings, I've gone back to the control panel and haven't found a way to adjust the pen sensitivity, only click sensitivity, which, (not so surprisingly) doesn't help with the pen itself, just the button. Do you know of anyway, or if it's possible, to adjust the settings with this tablet? I realize that this isn't the more mainstream brand of tablet most use, like Wacom, so it hasn't been easy to find readily available support. If you could offer any insight, I'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you so much for your help thus far!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yes, those test areas within the tablets settings are often way off compared to how the Pen will interact with Photoshop. If your Pen does not have the ability to adjust the the tip pressure sensitivity, then your likely to be stuck with these odd strokes.

Monoprice is just a website where tablets can be purchased. We would need to know the manufacturer of the tablet itself and the ability to download the operators manual, in order to offer insight as to how you might be able to adjust the Pen or any other settings for the tablet.

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Can you take a screen shot of your Brushes Panel and the tool options bar?

apex

Here is a picture of the tablet, if that helps at all, I'm not sure.
On the back it says; Monoprice WP8060 Pen Tablet
TABLET.JPG

I've also grabbed a few screen shots of my settings:

Tool options bar
TOOLOPTIONS.jpg

brush settings
BRUSHSETTINGS.jpg

shape dynamics tab
SHAPEDYNAMICS.jpg

and transfer tab (just to be overly thorough, though, with or without transfer, the problem remains)
TRANSFER.jpg

Maybe this will help. If I'm just stuck with the problem, I guess I will have to work around it, It would just be nice to know either way. Thanks again!

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
All of your settings are fine. Using the same exact setting, my tablet works fine. This is definitely an issue with the tablet. The tablet is made by UC Logic.

The only place I could track down a manual is here http://www.uc-logic.com/en/index.php?ParentMenuID=2

But I can't get the site to work for me so I won't be able to help you with your settings.

Joel Mathew

I'm not sure if you have solved the problem yet. But I had this bugging me for a long time as well and it was really frustrating. I got rid of it by turning off smoothing in brush settings.
I hope this helped:)