What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't open scanned tif. CS5.

ZipedX

Power User
Hi guys n gals. I have the following poping up and can't seem to get it to work:
"could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document."

I've followed the instructions under this thread to no avail.
[h=1]Photoshop CS5 Solutions to common problems[/h]
Any ideas? The files open fine in paint put I don't know what I'll destroy resaving them as tif using that. Thoughts on that?

MrToM

Guru
Will it open in Adobe Bridge?

Regards.
MrTom.

MrToM

Guru
Hmmm...well being a scan it wont be a layered tif so I'd make a copy of it, open it in whatever will open it and save it out under a different name as another tif file or failing that a png.

What was the reason for saving a scan to tif?
Could it be scanned again? (As something other than a tif?)

Have you tried XnView?
That's pretty good for awkward/damaged files and it'll save them out as best it can too.

Try those two options....and I'll keep thinking.

Regards.
MrTom.

ZipedX

Power User
Thanks Tom.

It can be scanned again I guess but time is the issue in this case... Reason for tif is simply it was that or pdf and I went for tif thinking that the better choice.

I'll go ahead and resave then. I'll leave this thread unfinished though since I still want CS5 to open the files in the future.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using tapatalk.

MrToM

Guru
Thanks Tom.
I'll go ahead and resave then.

Resave A COPY....just to be safe, but I don't see that you'd lose anything by re-saving it from whatever app will open it....you should be able to get a good quality png from 'paint' (If that's what you are going to use).

Good luck.

Regards.
MrTom.

ZipedX

Power User
I think that will be it since its what I got. Usually I'd use CS5. Not an option this time. ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using tapatalk.