What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to change keystrokes for brush size in Photoshop CC?

Jack Smith

I know how to do it in Photoshop CS6, where you can just go Edit => Keyboard Shortcuts => Click Tools => Then find Brush size

But in Photoshop CC there is no longer a Tools menu, so how do you change the Shortcut now? I want to change it from [ and ] to ( and ).

My reason for changing it is because I'm using a Danish keyboard, and there is no square brackets on that keyboard. And whenever I use the Wacom tablet, the wheel can't change the brush size unless I convert my keyboard to US, but I also want to type in Danish, so I have to toggle my keyboard back and forth between Danish and English, which is quite annoying. I think the problem will be fixed if I can change the keystroke shortcuts to a sign found in the Danish keyboard, such as ( and ) for adjusting brush size.

Thanks alot!

MrToM

Guru
Try:

Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts

Regards.
MrTom.

Jack Smith

Try:

Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts

Regards.
MrTom.

That's what i did, but Brush size is not in any of the options. I have attached a screen shot. Under which Application menu can you find Brush size? (e.g. File, Edit, Image, Layer ... etc). In the old Photoshop CS6, it was under Tools menu, but it no longer exists.

Screen Shot 2014-09-12 at 5.53.42 PM.png

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Hummm..does in my PS 2014. Tools is a drop down under the Application Menus
Brush size.JPG

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Thanks ALB68.

Sorry Jack, I totally misunderstood your question....I read it to mean you just couldn't find the shortcuts, period.

ALB68 has the answer you need.

Regards.
MrTom.

nawaz

My reason for changing it is because I'm using a Danish keyboard, and there is no square brackets on that keyboard. And whenever I use the Wacom tablet, the wheel can't change the brush size unless I convert my keyboard to US, but I also want to type in Danish, so I have to toggle my keyboard back and forth between Danish and English, which is quite annoying. I think the problem will be fixed if I can change the keystroke shortcuts to a sign found in the Danish