What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem Using Photoshop CC: Black Stripes when the app is "over" the screen

Hi everyone! I have a problem with photoshop cc, on my macbook pro retina, running OS X 10.10.1
When I have to move the app "beyond" the screen, for example in order to import a pic, and later I put the app on full screen again the parts that were "beyond" the screen are black. it's like the mac "cuts" the app when it is beyond the screen.How can i solve it?
I have no problem with cs6 (I've tried the demo-version) and I've already tried to re-install the app again and restore the preference. What can I do?

11.jpg22.jpg33.jpg

Help me please, it's really bothering to work in this way on a mac..

Hoogle

Guru
Try clearing your nvram when you turn on your Mac and you get the sound hold down option + cmd + p +r. Until it reboots and then test it failing that update graphics driver also try disabling open gl in preference s. You may want to increase ram usage as well under performance if it is already high then reduce it

I've tried the nvram. Nothing. Tried to change ram and open gl. Nothing, but now the stripes are white. I think this is the problem but how can i solve it? I mean, these stripes are caused by high ram or low ram? Have I to try different combinations?
Schermata 2014-11-28 alle 20.49.15.png

gedstar

Guru
As Hoogle suggested have you tried updating your graphics card driver from the manufacturers website?

MrToM

Guru
If CS6 works then it can't be a problem with hardware.
AFAIK Macs have the video drivers embedded into the OS so is the OS up to date?

Did you properly uninstall CC before re-installing?
There is an official 'CC Cleaner' from Adobe...did you use that?
If not, use it to completely uninstall CC and try installing again.

There isn't much else you can do really, its a graphics / screen redraw issue which is controlled by a combination of video drivers and the Adobe PS software talking to it. Adobe code is bad at best so you may just have to grin and bear it, use CS6 instead or give your Mac away as a Xmas present and treat yourself to a PC.

With Macs your options are very limited as to what you can do.
I was lead to believe that Macs just 'worked'....but obviously they don't.

Sorry I can't be of more help, if the 'uninstall' procedure doesn't work then I dunno.

Regards.
MrTom.

Ok let me say that CS6 works but not "good", I mean the problem with cs6 is only for the palettes, so yeah I can say there is the same problem with CS6, but only for the palettes and not for the central image.
I tried the adobe cleaner, nothing.
Yes man it's xmas but guess what? This mac was a "summer present". Yes, is a six-month computer so buying a pc is not a great idea.
I was lead to believe the mac worked too, but I actually don't know what to do now, isn't a real problem but this is it, and it should be solved imo.
I could re-install my OS and try but honestly I don't want to lose all this time.
Thank you so much guys!