What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help, my pressure sensitivity isn't working!

Mongrel714

Hey guys! I'm an amateur artist who's worked mainly with pencils and I'm just beginning to study digital media. I've got a Wacom Tablet (Intuos 3) and an old version of Photoshop (CS3), and I've mostly been checking out the guides/tutorials at Ctrl + Paint.

Anyway, I was doing an exercise when I realized something: my tablet's pressure sensitivity doesn't seem to be working in Photoshop! I tried to make Opacity and Flow keyed to pen pressure, but no matter how hard I press the line does not change. I tried making line width (size jitter) key to pen pressure as well just to see if it was just the Opacity/Flow functions messing up, but that didn't work either!

I went to my control panel and my pressure sensitivity seems to be working there (it could detect my sensitivity, and in the little practice draw window it would change the line according to the pressure I used), but in Photoshop it just doesn't read it for some reason. Any idea what's up?

I also tried installing and updating the appropriate drivers, but it didn't seem to work.

Any help would be appreciated! It's a frustrating problem =(

Don't know if this will help, but when my Intuos Pro acts up, I unplug the USB and then plug it back in.

You make a good point Sam. Sometimes a plain ole re-start will fix them. Reloads the drivers.

Deleting the preferences worked, thanks!

Though the specific site you provided seemed to be a little out of date; most of the links didn't work and I was unable to find the file it mentioned (note: this might just be because I had an older version of PS, didn't check the newer version links). I found a youtube video that explained that you could get the same result by clicking the Photoshop icon and holding down Ctrl, Alt, and Shift, which would give you the prompt to delete the preferences. Just FYI, thanks again for your help! =D

Last edited:
Deleting the preferences worked, thanks!

Though the specific site you provided seemed to be a little out of date; most of the links didn't work and I was unable to find the file it mentioned (note: this might just be because I had an older version of PS, didn't check the newer version links). I found a youtube video that explained that you could get the same result by clicking the Photoshop icon and holding down Ctrl, Alt, and Shift, which would give you the prompt to delete the preferences. Just FYI, thanks again for your help! =D

Glad it worked for you. However I believe that site I pointed you to displays Ctrl+Alt+Shift as the method which was what I intended for you to see.

Ooohhh, I confused myself it seems. I had Photoshop CS3, I assumed that was essentially version 3, so I skipped down to the "Versions 5.5 and earlier" section =x. That explains why I couldn't find that file to delete, heh.

NP :thumbsup:

Back