What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cropping disabled by scratch disks — cs5 on W7

ajarvis30

Hi everyone,

I'm running Photoshop CS5 on Windows 7; my issue is that anytime I try to crop an image (and this is the only command that causes the issue as far as I can tell) it fails and a popup tells me that PS "Could not complete your request because the scratch disks are full." The only issue is that my scratch disks aren't full. Here's the deets-

System:
Windows 7 Pro
RAM: 16.0 GB
System: 64-bit

PS Memory Usage:
Available RAM: 14685 MB
Ideal Range: 8076-10573 MB
Let Photoshop Use: 9251 MB (63%) <and I've jack this way up and way down to no effect

PS Scratch Disks:
1. C:\ Free Space: 36.27 GB

I've rebooted, defragmented, run Disk Cleanup, tried cropping file types and sizes ranging from 50 MB .psd down to 2 MB .jpeg, searched my system for unwanted ~PST temp files (there were none—this issue began randomly, not the result of a crash) and still the issue persists. Googling has turned up nothing helpful. I'm stumped, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jarvis

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
That's the trick! How bizarre.
Thanks, Larry. I'll be adding this to my arsenal.

Yep. Like I said.."strange but true" Glad it worked for you. (it doesn't cure ALL ills though)