What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Editing the default new document size presets

aswin01

Hey,

I would like to know where the custom document size presets (that you create and save in the new document window) are stored, and how you can edit them directly in the file? I've been breaking my head on this, and I can't seem to find a solution anywhere.

This apparently used to be done in older versions of PS, and you could edit them straight in the relevant text file. I can't figure out how to do it in CS6 though. I found a file called "Default New Doc Sizes.txt" which would appear to be the right file, and it is located (on win7) in;

Adobe Photoshop CS6 > locales > en_IL > Support Files > "Default New Doc Sizes.txt"

However, editing this file has no effect. And my custom saved presets are not in this file! They should be stored somewhere right?

This is not a big issue or anything, I just want to know the solution because it frustrates me :)
So if anyone can shed some light on this, please do!

Regards,
aswin

hawkeye

Guru
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS6\Adobe Photoshop CS6 Settings\New Doc Sizes.psp

Open it with notepad