What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is Photoshop Elements 4.0 completely compatible with Windows 8.1?

banksia88

Since changing over toWindows 8.1 a year ago, my photoshop elements 4.0 program does not seem asrobust as it once was and now I seem to be striking various problems (which Iwill explain later if necessary). Is it known that this version ofPhotoshop has compatability problems with Windows 8.1 or could it be the largenumber of images I now have catalogued (getting close to 40,000)?

If upgrading Photoshop, what happens to the photos now in the currentphotoshop catalog? Can they be transferred across or (as there areso many) do they stay where they are and a fresh start made with thenew version?

Glad to have found this forum,:)

Thanks

Hello IamSam,
I did have a look, but didn't find anything specific, but it does seem that many people are experiencing compatibility issues - Photoshop supposedly compatible with Windows 8.1, but 7 out of 10 say it I not.
What are dedicated Photohop users doing in this new Windows 8 environment?
Banksia88

Back