What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Missing "Snapshots" tab from Camera Raw in Photoshop

FRUGiHOYi

I decided to write an article for my blog while I've been gathering my thoughts and playing around with Photoshop. Here it is: http://blog.ebuccianti.com/?p=341
If you have time and feel like it, you can check it out and let me know if everything I wrote is correct. I tried to make it as complete and clear as possible, but I'm afraid this topic is inherently confusing.

Tom Mann

Guru
Hi Eduardo -

Because we see a steady stream of people trying to use this forum to drive traffic to other websites, I normally wouldn't click on the website of someone who is new to this forum. However, because you obviously are very interested in this topic and technically knowledgeable, I made an exception and took a look at your blog.

I thought you did an excellent job explaining and summarizing the differences between ACR (in LR), ACR (preprocessor), and ACR (internal PS filter). It was very clearly written and easy to follow. I did have a few comments, though:

1. My use and repetition of the terms, "internal" and "external" was to drive home the differences between the two, but these terms probably won't be found in Adobe's literature, or even in use by most other photographers. You might want to change them to the three terms exactly as I listed them in the previous sentence (ie, with parentheses). When a discussion goes public, consistency in terminology is critical, and I think that listing them this way would avoid potential confusion with the terminology.

2. I don't think your black background graphic adds any new information to the text, or even clarifies it. I would remove it.

Other than that, I really liked it.

Best regards,

Tom M

PS - I don't think that the article you linked to, "Camera Raw is a Beast!" adds very much. If you feel that it's useful to provide a reference to using ACR(as a PS filter), I think you could find one that is MUCH better than that, or just write one yourself. :)

Last edited: