What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Text Engine & Graphics Problem

DIEND

in the typesupport, i had already deleted the .lt or .lst file but it kept on coming back whenever i start my PS CS6. i try to delete the type support folder and it's just the same. is there someone who can help me?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi DIEND.

I've moved your post from an old thread to this new one as people might miss this in the other thread.

For the moment all I can suggest is to refer you back to the thread you originaly posted this in ..... https://www.photoshopgurus.com/foru...cs-problem-post1533612625.html#post1533612625 .

Maybe your answer was actually there all along.....

If not, Just hang on... I'm sure there are those here who might know how to assist you.

Hi DIEND

Even with the context of the prior thread, I cannot tell what your specific issue is with you system or photoshop. Why symtoms are you experiencing that is causing a problem?

As far as the files you have deleted, they are purposely recreated by PS every time PS is restarted. That is by design. The intent was to recreate the files if they had been previously corrupted.

Here is a link to troubleshooting PS following by a snippet out of that link: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-launch-issues-problems-cs5.html

If an Adobefnt*.lst file becomes damaged, it can cause the application to crash, freeze, or quit when you try to start it. Adobefnt.lst files (for example, Adobefnt10.list for InDesign) are font cache files that Adobe applications use to quickly gather and store information about available fonts. If you delete or rename an Adobefnt.lst file, the application re-creates it the next time you start the application.

So this is the expected behavior so to help you, more details of you issue are probably required so forum members can make better targeted recommendations.

Just a suggestion.

Hi DIEND

Even with the context of the prior thread, I cannot tell what your specific issue is with you system or photoshop. Why symtoms are you experiencing that is causing a problem?

As far as the files you have deleted, they are purposely recreated by PS every time PS is restarted. That is by design. The intent was to recreate the files if they had been previously corrupted.

Here is a link to troubleshooting PS following by a snippet out of that link: http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/troubleshoot-launch-issues-problems-cs5.html

So this is the expected behavior so to help you, more details of you issue are probably required so forum members can make better targeted recommendations.

Just a suggestion.

My problem is when I try to use the text tool, a message box will show that tells that there's something that prevents the program to be initialized. So I did their troubleshoot process for that problem which includes deleting the file in the typesupport folder, but when I do the problem happens again. I cannot use the text tool even if I had already deleted the .lst file as the others do.

Back