What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't get photoshop to record a curve adjustment layer preset.

dubbedMonkey

I am trying to record an action on a colleague's machine that has a custom curve setting but cant seem to get it to stick as a playable action step. He has one of the new trashcans (Mac Pro) with a system version of 10.9.4 and photoshop version of 2014.2.2. I am able to do it on my machine by recording the addition of the curve adjustment layer then selecting a pre-created curve preset. I am running Photoshop 2014.0.0. This does not work on his machine....quite maddening. Any ideas?

colleague

Guru
does your colleague has the same preset with the same name
what are the steps of the action
on wich step does it go wrong
what is the message he gets

dubbedMonkey

does your colleague has the same preset with the same name
what are the steps of the action
on wich step does it go wrong
what is the message he gets

Yup, the presets are the same. The first step I had him do was record creating a curve adjustment layer. This step was recorded. The next step I had him do was load the curve preset from the curve properties flyout. I then had him select a random layer to have the load take. It recorded the selection of the layer, not the loading of the preset. I then tried having him record pulling down to the now loaded preset in the Preset portion of the curve property window. When that was done I had him select another layer to commit the selection of the preset. Again it recorded selecting the layer but nothing that had to do with the preset curves move. I am puzzled. I can get it to work on my machine.