What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trouble opening more than one image

Mickep

Hi
I have started having an issue when I try to open more than one image in Photoshop cc (2014). I get the following error.
Screen Shot - Photoshop Open Image Error.png
If anyone could give any suggestions of how to sort the issue out, it would be much appreciated.
I have tried unchecking the Application Frame option, in the window menu, but I still get the same issue
Thanks
Mick

MrToM

Guru
I'm guessing this is on a Mac?

The problem could possibly be fixed by removing (Backing up) the preferences files and have PS create new ones.
It means you lose your settings but it should make PS work again.

I don't use a Mac so couldn't even begin to suggest where to start looking for the prefs files but there are other Mac users here so just wait a while and someone should be able to fill in the blanks....or you can search for it here on PSG its a technique that's been used many times before.

If its not fixed by doing that then we'll have to have another think.

Regards.
MrTom.

Mickep

Thanks for the reply Mr.Tom, yes it's on a Mac, I'm I will have a search on here for the procedure, as I am not too offay with the Mac, thanks for taking the time to reply
mick

MrToM

Guru
No worries.

Sorry I can't be more help and what I've suggested so far may not even work but usually an error like that means something somewhere has got corrupted and so a fresh start is required.

The easiet way to do that is to just move the current 'pref' files and let PS re-create new ones.
If it doesn't fix the problem you can always move your old 'pref' files back and try something else.

If you do try this make sure PS is closed first....PS writes to those files when you close it.

This link is from Adobe.....it tells you where to look...

http://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/preference-file-functions-names-locations.html

Julieanne Kost (From Adobe) also did a video on resetting the pref files on a MAC...

http://tv.adobe.com/watch/the-compl...how-to-reset-photoshop-cs6s-preferences-file/

That should make things a wee bit easier for you.

Regards.
MrTom.

Last edited:

Mickep

Thanks for the info Tom, I will have a look at it when I get home this evening, I will let you know
best regards
Mick

Mickep

Tom
I tried the above, and I thought it had worked, it allowed my to open 4 images, but on the 5th the same error came up. I tried closing down the opened 4 images,then I tried to open a new image, with the same error.
If I Quit PS, and restart it, it will allow me to open a image. but then errors, once I try to open further images.

MrToM

Guru
Darn...that's a shame.

Unless any other Mac users have a better idea I'd next suggest to uninstall PS completely using the CC Cleaner tool...

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/cs5-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Then re-install.

See if that makes a difference.

If it works then you could try reinstating your saved 'pref' files and hope its not those causing the problem. If it fails at least you know what the problem is.

If cleaning and re-installing doesn't work then I'm not sure I have any other suggestions. Maybe a Mac user has some 'Mac only' solution...???

At least you got somewhere with removing the prefs....even if it was short lived.

Regards.
MrTom.

ALB68

Dear Departed Guru and PSG Staff Member
Tom
I tried the above, and I thought it had worked, it allowed my to open 4 images, but on the 5th the same error came up. I tried closing down the opened 4 images,then I tried to open a new image, with the same error.
If I Quit PS, and restart it, it will allow me to open a image. but then errors, once I try to open further images.

This may be a firm grasp of the obvious..but have you installed all of the CC2014 updates via the CC?

Mickep

Thanks Guys,
Yes ALB68 updated, I been looking on google at the error and it seems a few people have the same issue, some suggest a fix,but I don't really understand the procedure (Mac Newbie),
Tom, Some of them have tried a full re-install of PS and the issue still occurs. Reading between the lines, it seems that it might be an issue, between PSCC and Yosemite.

MrToM

Guru
In that case I doubt there is much else I can do for ya.

Maybe another Mac user can walk you through this 'procedure' should you decide to go with it.

Good luck.

Regards.
MrTom.

Mickep

Thank to you both for all the help and advice you have given me. hopefully Apple or Adobe will give an update to rectify the issue.
Thanks Again, Much appreciated
Mick