What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arabic text

bghodsi

Hi folks:

Occasionally Arabic text pops up when I try to use text tool or save a file in Photoshop cs 6.

Does anyone know how to fix this.

Bob Ghodsi

IamSam

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Does this happen when your typing and the text appears in Arabic?

thebestcpu

Guru
Hi Bob
There certainly could be a lot of sources of this type of problem so more details on your system/software might help e.g. OS used and which language version, PS version and if you have a particular language version, do you have a non-US standard keyboard, etc

As an example problem, I have a Mac and occasionally use the built in Mac software to have the keyboard take input as if the keyboard were a different type (e.g. a non-US keyboard). I use it for debugging others problems yet it gives access to characters only easily available in that native language. I found out the hard way that when I have a variety of those different keyboard sources set up, there was also a default keyboard shortcut "Cmd + Space" that would switch to the next keyboard input source (another language) and would occasionally start adding in foreign characters. Unfortunately that was also a common PS keyboard shortcut that I always used with PS for zooming in and it was a real PITA. I fixed this by disabling that particular Mac keyboard shortcut.

Most likely this is not your issue yet if you want more targeting suggestions/debugging, a lot more details from your end would be real helpful.

Last edited:

bghodsi

OS is windows 7 64 bit. PS version is 13.0 64 bit.
Language is set as English in preferences.

Bob Ghodsi