What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What did I do

MikeMc

McGuru
I think that states it well. I don't know what I did, but now when I open any image in CS5 I can't keep it in "icon" view...shows me details... Yep I know about the box (circled) and it will adjust to the "large icon "view...but won't stay that way....

open.JPG

In windows (7) I can click on the same folder, and it stays in "large icon " view

WhadddIDo ??:banghead:

MikeMc

McGuru
Been there , done that...nope

First thought was PS preferences...nothing there :eek:

MikeMc

McGuru
I fixed it...?????

Went to see if the problem was in CS5.5 32bit also. I opened it new and everything was fine. Shut down, reopened 64bit, and....Voila...success.

You tell me why ! I'm happy!

MikeMc

McGuru
Not fixed.... Turned machine on today...back to details not icons ??????

dv8_fx

Retired Administrator
Not fixed.... Turned machine on today...back to details not icons ??????

That was a short-lived joy.....

I tried last night but can't get to recreate your issue. I was thinking of PS preference but you've done that.

A far-fetched idea but I was wondering if your computer's folder view settings have any effect on the PS view......

MikeMc

McGuru
I can open any image folder in Windows 7 and I see thumbnails, or what I set....it stays perfect. When I open a file in PS, every time I get "details"...and I click to see the Icons/thumbs.....or switch folders, I get details.....:banghead:

I have this issue on only one computer...both seem to be set exactly the same

I sent a PM to Tom Mann.....he knows the tech end so well.

Last edited:

MrToM

Guru
Mike,

Have you tried the MS 'FixIt' tool for folder views?

Unbelievably I've had much success with another of these 'Fixit' tools although as I can't replicate your problem I've no idea if this will work as well....but what ya got to lose eh?

There is also a 'Registry' fix for this too.....its to do with the 'bagMRU' and its a simple case of adding a reg entry.
I appreciate that most people don't like editing the registry but if you are interested its a very simple edit...let me know. (No guarantees on that working either as I don't have your problem)

See how the 'Fixit' goes first.

Regards.
MrTom.

MikeMc

McGuru
Thanks Tom's....Only place it shows up is in PS....I did try the fixit....worked until I rebooted, so I suspect registry issues...

gedstar

Guru
Last edited:

MikeMc

McGuru
I did the top, but not the disk cleanup for thumbnails

gedstar

Guru
Just had another thought, have you tried logging on with a different user account, it could be associated with your log on profile!

MikeMc

McGuru
Just had another thought, have you tried logging on with a different user account, it could be associated with your log on profile!

Well everything works perfect in Windows, I am using CS5.5, so no log on

gedstar

Guru
Well everything works perfect in Windows, I am using CS5.5, so no log on

When I said logon account I meant Windows Log on account, sometimes the logon profile associated with your account can become corrupt, hence asking you to log on to Windows with another log on account to see if the problem exist with a different account at least that way you can rule out whether it's your Windows Profile causing the issue or not.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/create-new-user-account-in-windows-vista-7/