What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microsoft Windows patch has altered the look of Photoshop

Rich54

Guru
Yesterday, I received what I thought was one of Microsoft’s normal, periodic patch updates containing the latest security and anti-virus fixes. I let it run and after I re-booted I noticed subtle cosmetic changes to my desktop—slightly altered colors, borders, spacing, etc. Annoying, but no big deal.

But… I opened Photoshop (CS5) and it, too, has been subtly changed. For example, the sliders to adjust the brush size and opacity look different now… they’re more chiseled. There also seems to be subtle changes to the workspace background color, contrast, and the placement of borders. It’s hard to pin down exactly what’s changed, but everything looks different and unfamiliar. (I’m not home at the moment, but I can post screen-shots tonight if anybody is interested.)

Has anyone else come across this? I didn’t think a Windows patch update could affect the appearance of Photoshop, but it has. Call me old and set in my ways, but I don't like that this has happened.

Zeealex

Retired Forum Moderator
the first thought i'm getting is to check your graphic drivers are up to date, its probably nothing, but its worth checking out