What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cannot Install Photoshop LE 5 On Windows 7 (64)

cia_viewer

I use Photoshop a lot for creating slide shows from screen shots with lots of arrows and text. I also use it for cropping photos.
Photoshop LE 5 has been doing this job very well. I am replacing my Windows XP PC with a new one running windows 7 (64).

The install package does not seem to know how to put the software in _:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\... and put the support files in _:\Public\Adobe\...

Does anyone know how to adjust the install process to achieve this?

I have tried Photoshop Elements 8 and do not like it (too complicated, dreary black, cannot see a way to make straight arrows, ...)

I will appreciate any help, please.

You are trying to install a 16year old program written for a 32bit OS into a 64bit OS.

The install needs the Program Files folder but in Win7 that will be a 64bit program folder and not the 32 bit Program Files (x86) folder.....remember...LE 5.0 was written 2 years before XPx64, MS's first x64 OS.

There may be a way to run it with some funky masking software but if you have access to PE8 and it works why bother?

Try using it for a while longer....change is always difficult to get used to but it will grown on you.....and if there is another member here still using a similar version I'm sure they would be only too pleased to help you out with any questions you may have....except how to install LE 5.0 on a 64bit OS.

Regards.
MrToM.

Thank you for responding. I have tried PE8. How do I draw a straight line with an arrowhead at the end?

This is done in PSE 13 but AFAIK the method hasn't changed since PSE 8 so it should be almost identical.

If not, post a FULL UI screen shot so we can see what tools you have available and maybe we can talk you through it.

To watch the video at its native size click on either the TITLE, (Top LEFT), or the YouTube Logo, (Bottom RIGHT).

Regards.
MrToM.

Back