What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone Know What Causes this Distortion?

Rich54

Guru
Not a Photoshop question, but hopefully someone can help me. In the screen-shot below, there is a large green area that is actually supposed to be a normal-looking video advertisement. But as you can see it is all distorted, over-saturated and the lettering is unreadable. I get this kind of distortion a lot with certain video content and I’m pretty sure it’s due to my outdated software, but I was wondering if anybody knows more specifically what causes this problem, which only occurs with videos (and not all the time). My PC is roughly 8 year old and I’m running Windows Vista Home Basic and Internet Explorer 9.

ScreenShot.jpg

Rich54

Guru
Thanks. I do receive periodic updates to Flash Player, but the website you provided has some troubleshooting tips that I'll look into.

MrToM

Guru
No worries...

Taking into consideration that Vista was never really that stable and IE is now at version 11 that your combination just doesn't work that well with modern websites.

Lets face it, Vista and IE9 are both relatively old.

Does IE 11 run on Vista? That may help.......I don't know what runs on what when it comes to IE.

You could also try disabling Hardware Acceleration, that can sometimes screw things up.

Regards.
MrToM.

MikeMc

McGuru
Try switching over to Mozilla /Firefox browser. Vista can do some unique things, but the browser issues is solved by stop using Explorer.

Second thought, your anti virus could also create the issue on older browsers....If you must use Explorer, switch over to Microsoft Security Essentials... MSE it will work much better

Rich54

Guru
I switched to Firefox today and that cleared up the problem. Also, all websites in general now seem to load faster and work better (including PSG, which used to freeze on me a lot while typing these posts). Thanks to all for the advice.