What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop CS 6 update for MacBook Retina 2015

MGM

Hi everybody,

I just bought the new MacBook 2015 Retina and are actually quite happy with it so far. But I just installed my Photoshop CS6 Version and realized that it is not displaying the content in the Retina resolution. A search on the internet gave solutions for that kind of Photoshop version, but apparently for an older version of the Mac. So I am kinda confused right now, is there no support for it anymore or do I just have to wait or is there a workaround here?
Thanks for your help,
MGM

PS: I do not want to upgrade to CC.

gedstar

Guru
Not sure if this helps

Source
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cs6-hidpi-retina-display.html [h=2]Photoshop CS6 (Mac only)[/h]
HiDPI support is added to Photoshop 13.1 (Subscription Edition) and 13.0.2 for Mac OS perpetual license customers. Camera Raw 8.1 adds HiDPI support under Photoshop CS6 as well.
Besides a higher resolution user interface and image display, what changes can I expect?
There are a few notable changes in commands, shortcuts, and behaviors, which are outlined below:
New or changed commands

• Actual Pixels is now 100% in the View menu, Zoom Tool Options panel, and Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box.
  • The View menu now contains 200%.
New shortcuts

• Cmd + double-click (Mac OS) Ctrl + double-click (Win) the zoom tool icon - zooms current window to 200%.
  • Shift + Cmd + double-click (Mac OS) Shift + Ctrl + double-click (Win) the zoom tool icons - zooms all windows to 200%.
  • Canvas context menu now includes 200% when using the zoom tool or Hand tool.
  • You can assign a custom shortcut to View > 200% by selecting Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts to open the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box.
New behaviors

• In multi-monitor environments, dragging a window from a HiDPI screen to a non-HiDPI monitor automatically adjusts the window zooming to a reasonable amount. The behavior helps avoid an overly large window and avoid excessive redraw.
What operating systems does Photoshop CS6 support for native HiDPI?
Currently, Mac OS X 10.7.x and 10.8.x operating systems are supported for use with HiDPI hardware including the Retina Display available on the new MacBook Pros. HiDIPI support is expected to be available in the future on additional operating systems and devices.
Is HiDPI support provided for versions of Photoshop earlier than Photoshop CS6?
No, there are no plans to provide HiDPI support for versions of Photoshop earlier than Photoshop CS6.
Are all Photoshop Plug-ins now HiDPI-compatible?
The default set of plug-ins included with Photoshop CS6, including Adobe Camera Raw 7.x and Liquify, have not been updated to provide HiDPI support. Adobe hopes to provide support in the future.
Contact third-party plug-in vendors for HiDPI compatibility updates for their specific plug-ins.
Are there compatibility updates for Bridge CS6 to provide HiDPI and Retina Display support?
Not at this time. Adobe hopes to include HiDPI support for Bridge in the future.