What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transform controls not working properly

bob733

Normally, when I click on a layer, the transform controls show up. Then when I click on another layer, the transfer controls show up on the second layer, and disappear from the first layer. Now, when I click on a layer, the transform controls are added to the previous click (as if the CTRL button is down and I am doing multiple selections. How do I stop this?
Thanks in advance,
Bob

Something like this?

transforms_MT_01.png

With the 'Show Transform Controls' box checked it doesn't just show the transforms for the selected layer but also includes every layer up to the one you have selected?

If so, I can't replicate the problem....could you post an erroneous PSD file to work with?

Regards.
MrToM.

MrTom,
Thanks ever so much for your quick reply. It just so happens that I was doing some research on the problem and found out by resetting the pref (psp) file, many problems would be fixed. I did so, and it fixed the multiple selects problem! Now I have to go in and change the desktop from the dark shade to the lighter shade (I had been using). I was able to enlarge the layer icons and now figuring out how to change the desktop shade.
Anyway, thanks once again. This is a great forum.
Bob

No worries.

PS does do thing like that from time to time and a prefs reset usually does the trick.....unfortunately there is no way to re-load the 'good' bits from your old prefs file so you don't have to go through the whole process of setting up the UI again......ho hum.

Glad you got it sorted anyways.

Regards.
MrToM.

When using the Move Tool only............if you have 'show transform controls' checked/ticked, you will see the control handles around any object of a selected layer or the layer boundary itself.

Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 11.40.21 AM.png

This may have been checked accidentally. When you reset your prefs it would have defaulted back to unchecked and appeared to have "solved" the problem.

Back