What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filter -> render, how to add new ones?

fotograffiti

Power User
Hi, longtime no see, too many things to do, but now I have a question.
I have this tutorial to add botanical elements to a text, but he uses the filter -> render and I only have "clouds, fibres, lens flares..."
So I downloaded some renders but I cant find to add them;
Would be so gratefull for help, I work with CS6 or CS5

Last edited:
Without knowing more, it's hard to tell exactly what's going on, so please post either a link to the tutorial, or, if it can only be accessed by people who have subscribed, perhaps you can quote a few paragraphs from the tutorial that include the suggestion to use the render command. Also, please post links to the "render files" that you found.

If I was forced to guess, my immediate reaction to your post is that there are two main ways that the word, "render" can be used with respect to Photoshop, and you have confused the two usages of the term. The first use is to describe a filter that can perform various effects on an image, e.g., clouds, difference coulds, fibers, etc. These are small software packages (plugins) that can perform the required mathematical algorithms to obtain the stated looks. You would likely have to purchase such an add-on to PS, and would likely install it like you install any other plugin.

The second use of the word, "render", in conjunction with photoshop is when, for example, some vector art is converted to a conventional pixel based image file, when a roughly outlined three dimensional shape (eg, consisting of just triangles describing edges and faces) is converted to a nice, smooth, pixel-based image, etc. These are just image files (ie, not software) and it's much more likely you would find these for free on the web.

Tom M

Back