What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unrecognised Camera RAW File Format

TheImageMan

I've been using CS5 with Win7 for a couple of years (at a fairly basic level).

In the past I've had no trouble with CS5 using camera RAW files with my Canon 40D. However, I've just bought a Canon 70D and when I try to open a RAW file I get a message effectively saying it doesn't recognise this camera format.

The camera RAW plug-in version is 6.0.0.205. Having read some other posts I've downloaded the latest version - Camera RAW 9.1 and these files have extracted to C:\Program Data\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera where all the profiles are listed including my 70D.

I've also updated my Preferences>Plug Ins 'Additional Plug-Ins Folder' so that it can see this but still get same error message (I have re-started CS5 after updating this). The version in the Help>About Plug In>Camera RAW still shows 6.0.0.205

If anyone out there is able to offer any advice I would be grateful.

Many thanks

Tom Mann

Guru
Sorry ... this has to be fast: Look up how to use Adobe's free DNG converter. That will allow you to use a more modern camera with older versions of PS.

Tom