What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Photoshop wont start after installing new ram

dualz00

Hello.

Ive just bought new "Kingston Hyper X 16gb memory". With my allready installed i have now 26gb ram.

Iam running Windows 7 / SP1 / i5 750 @ 2.67GHz / 64bit // Photoshop CC 2015

After starting photoshop wont load anything and shot down after some seconds and say its not working anymore.

Details:

Problemsignatur:

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: Photoshop.exe
Anwendungsversion: 16.0.0.88
Anwendungszeitstempel: 55681d39
Fehlermodulname: Photoshop.exe
Fehlermodulversion: 16.0.0.88
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 55681d39
Ausnahmecode: c0000005
Ausnahmeoffset: 000000000385514d
Betriebsystemversion: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 6e60
Zusatzinformation 2: 6e606d6fba6840a74272d048fe90ef58
Zusatzinformation 3: 8ad1
Zusatzinformation 4: 8ad10f8e86154f936babed4f30aa60e5

I have allready reinstalled Photoshop. But still the same problem.

PS. Illustrator for example still works.

Ive allready ask in two other PS forums incl official. But nothing so far. Anyone here have a clue? Thanks in adance. icon_smile.gif

PS1.PNG

Attachments

• PS1.PNG
    PS1.PNG
    510.2 KB · Views: 2
Sorry can't read your crash report alas it's not in English

Although here's something that may help!

http://www.vandrielmedia.com/articles/photoshop-cc-2015-crash-on-startup-fixed

Rename the librarylookupfile

1. Quit Photoshop CC 2015
  2. Navigate to this location: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\
    • Tip: To access the user Appdata folder, you can press windows+R key to open Run window and type appdata.
  3. Rename librarylookupfile to librarylookupfile-old
  4. Relaunch Photoshop

Just copy and paste this into the run command it will bring you to the desired location
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\

More info
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-crash-with-faulty-module-photoshop-exe.html

Last edited:
Sorry can't read your crash report alas it's not in English

Although here's something that may help!

http://www.vandrielmedia.com/articles/photoshop-cc-2015-crash-on-startup-fixed

Rename the librarylookupfile

1. Quit Photoshop CC 2015
  2. Navigate to this location: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\
    • Tip: To access the user Appdata folder, you can press windows+R key to open Run window and type appdata.
  3. Rename librarylookupfile to librarylookupfile-old
  4. Relaunch Photoshop

Just copy and paste this into the run command it will bring you to the desired location
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Creative Cloud Libraries\LIBS\

More info
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-crash-with-faulty-module-photoshop-exe.html

Awesome. THANKS man. That was the problem. Have a great day. cheers :cheesygrin:

Thanks gedstar

From your link:

"Sadly the advice coming from Adobe themselves wasn't of much help to anyone on the thread"

No surprise there then really.

CC 2015 really does look like being a complete lemon.....sticking with 2014.

FYI, I know you posted about installing 2015 and keeping 2014 but It now transpires that some 'folders' are shared between the two.....thus if you install 2015 you'll find 2014 no longer functions correctly. :banghead:

Its because of this 'sharing' that installing 2015 removes the previous version....which has never happened before.

Just in case you've done this and were having trouble. :thumbsup:

Regards.
MrToM.

@MrToM

I just added the adobe link cause I noticed they added that particular fix to that page, only for the original guy that discovered the fix a lot of people may still be having the issue. I have un-installed CC2015 as I don't find the new features merits the amount of bugs in the application! Will wait until an update is rolled out hopefully with bug fixes. CC2014 is working fine for me!

complete lemon is an understatement, disaster comes to mind lol

Thanks for the heads up all the same :thumbsup:

Regards
Ged

Last edited:
I'm with ya mate...

Just pointing out that the 'Adobe Customer Care' is just as bad as always....at least they answered which is an improvement, even if they still don't give a toss.

Un-installed 2015....probably the best move....I had a couple of issues with 2014 after doing that but nothing a 'reset' didn't fix.

Disaster.......yeah, that's a better description....must be following the Microsoft Book Of Releases....1 good, 1 bad, 1 good, 1 bad...repeat unless the release begins with a '9'.....sheesh.

As if PS isn't difficult enough!

Regards.
MrToM.

"1 good, 1 bad, 1 good, 1 bad...repeat unless the release begins with a '9'.....sheesh" classic

I always create an OS image before installing anything that may break me PC and on a weekly basis too, so it was easy for me to roll back to CC2014, only took 2 mins :cheesygrin:

Windows 10 just around the corner, wonder will this be the good, the bad or the ugly :shocked:

:rofl:

<RANT>

Well they missed out the next 'good' one which was '9' so '10' will be bad.....built off '8' so its only to be expected.

I wouldn't mind so much if it didn't look like a 3 year old designed it.....the guy who spent hours and hours coding all that lovely 'aero' transparency and gradients must be furious its been removed for finger painting....I can't tell what is part of one window from another.....very confusing.

I see the dropshadow has returned but to be honest its too little too late.

I guess '10' will still be geared for all those using 'mobile' devices leaving us hard workers with desktops out in the cold again.

</RANT>

Back