What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get rid of the Fuzzyness

Kchage

Around the borders of the blue lines you can see the fuzziness. Anyone know how to get rid of this because I have spent hours at no avail. It should be all smooth but I can't figure it out.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    77.5 KB · Views: 10

Tom Mann

Guru
I really don't see any fuzziness in your image, but I certainly do see what is called "stair-stepping". The reason for this is simply that you don't have enough pixels in your image, so your eye can resolve see individual pixels.

The proper way to improve the situation would be to take your image into Illustrator and use it's "Live Trace / Image Trace" tool. This produces a vector path that can be enlarged to any size without stairstepping or any other artifacts.

I was working on a project in PS and didn't want to close PS right at this moment, so I quickly smoothed out your edges in PS, not in AI. The result is seen below. The only problem is that the smoothing operation slightly rounds sharp corners. If you can't live with this, either wait for someone to come along and do it in AI, or just manually draw in sharper corners wherever needed.

HTH,

Tom M

PS - Don't judge the quality of this from the low rez in-forum preview, click on it and expand it to full rez to inspect carefully.

Attachments

• orig-4x-ps01a-01.jpg
    orig-4x-ps01a-01.jpg
    257 KB · Views: 4

Kchage

The improvement is way better. If I changed it back to that color wouldn't cause it to fuzzy again cause of the paint bucket tool?

Tom Mann

Guru
No, you shouldn't have any problems when u fill it in with the desired color(s) so long as u maintain a reasonable number of pixels. Specifically, my version has 16 times more pixels (ie, 4x larger in each linear dimension) than the version u posted.

BTW, I figured that a black & white mask would be more useful to u than retaining the original color.

Tom M