What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird pressure problem on PS CS6

Dekan

Hello !

Let me introduce myself : I am Dekanh, an amateur artist who draws a lot.
I've always used Photoshop CS6 to draw, but while trying a new software recently, I realized that my pen pressure in PS is.. well.. really really bad.

I don't really know how to describe the problem, but any line will not be "smooth". It will end with a kind of dot.
Here's the problem in picture :

6eed3edb2e.png

As you can see, my lines on PS are really awful, but are perfect on the other software, Paint tool SAI. It ONLY happens in PS.
This is a real problem while drawing, and I can't get used of any other software, I'm too used to PS.

I tried EVERYTHING :
- Reinstall PS
- Reinstall new tablet driver and change each setting
- Change each setting about pressure in PS as well

I even tried to install a CS5 time limited version, and the problem is still there.

I have a Wacom Intuos Pen&Touch M tablet, I tried to contact Wacom support but they couldn't help me.

Also, some of my friends are also experiencing this problem, and I've seen people experiencing it too on the internet (but they seemed to not be aware of it) and couldn't find a solution on google.

I hope someone has a solution to this problem, it would help me so much.

Thanks in advance,
Dekanh.

MrToM

Guru
If you post the brush preset I'll take a look....can't replicate it in CC 2014 but with the brush preset I can try it in CS6.

Regards.
MrToM.

MrToM

Guru
Well I actually meant just the one brush you were using rather than the whole default set but never mind.

I can replicate the problem but I have to work at it....I can't see anything wrong anywhere.

What if you turn off the 'Always use pen pressure' option?
Have you tried reducing the pressure in 'brush Pose'?
Is it just your hand gestures?
Does it work better in a 16bit image?
Does it work better a smaller brush sizes?

Other than those options I don't know for sure....Photoshop is a fickle program sometimes.

Regards.
MrToM.

Dekan

Oh sorry, it's late, I've misread xD
5cb614a450231923bd50ad00f55e3e91.png

What if you turn off the 'Always use pen pressure' option?
Have you tried reducing the pressure in 'brush Pose'?
Is it just your hand gestures?
Does it work better in a 16bit image?
Does it work better a smaller brush sizes?

- The pressure just turn off
- I tried, and it just turn off the pressure as well
- No, since it works fine on other software with the exact same gesture
- It does the same, while being very laggy/slow
- It just seems better to the eye, but this wouldn't solve my problem :/

Thanks for trying to help me, i don't know what to do either. This is just weird..

Last edited: