What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

PS CC 2015 and Windows 10 "I" Colour Selection not working

Seaco

Power User
Hi All

As the title says really I have installed Windows 10 recently and I'm not sure what's happened but the keyboard shortcut "I" Colour Selection has stopped working and the Space key to move around the enlarged image if I choose their icon then all is well it's just the shortcuts, other selections still work for instance "T" to Transform and the bracket keys to enlarge reduce.

Has anyone else had a similar problem and even better a solution?

gedstar

Guru
Just a thought but have tried resetting preferences

Windows - CTRL-SHIFT-ALT immediately after you double-click the PS icon.

Seaco

Power User
Just a thought but have tried resetting preferences

Windows - CTRL-SHIFT-ALT immediately after you double-click the PS icon.

Hi yes I tried that and also reinstalling PS but to no avail, I'm wondering if another program is causing a conflict?

gedstar

Guru
Strange

Do you have CC2014 installed and if so is the shortcut working OK on that?

Seaco

Power User
Strange

Do you have CC2014 installed and if so is the shortcut working OK on that?

I did have and it was happening on that also, it's really annoying I use the colour sampler a lot, when I press the "I" short cut the cursor turns to a cross hairs as it should but it wont choose the colour?

Last edited:

gedstar

Guru
OK I use Windows 10 and don't have any issue with that, there's maybe one thing you could try, logging onto the PC with another account, you can just create a test account to see if you still have the issue
Instructions below, it's quite possible that it could be an issue with the logon account you have could be corrupt in some way. I've tried Googling your issue and can't find anybody reporting this issue.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ie/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

You could also try posting here to see if anybody can help you.
https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/content

Did you do an upgrade to Windows 10 or is this a fresh install, if it's an upgrade what OS did you upgrade from, I know that a lot of people are having issues after upgrading from Windows 7, I upgraded from Windows 8.1 and had no issues with any software I use!

A fresh install of Windows 10 maybe your only option if the above doesn't help, you can download the ISO from here
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Seaco

Power User
Thank you for all your advice I tried another account and also safe mode and still the problem persists, the Windows 10 I have was an upgrade from 7 so maybe this is the problem. I have downloaded another copy of 10 so it looks as though it may be a new install which is a real bummer...

hawkeye

Guru
Personally I'm staying with Windows 7, I don't see any reason to upgrade. I upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop, but to me it's a dumbed down operating system, with fewer options, and everything being hidden makes it less user friendly. I have PS6 on the laptop, I'll check the shortcut later on it.

gedstar

Guru
Personally I'm staying with Windows 7, I don't see any reason to upgrade. I upgraded from 8 to 10 on my laptop, but to me it's a dumbed down operating system, with fewer options, and everything being hidden makes it less user friendly. I have PS6 on the laptop, I'll check the shortcut later on it.

A lot of people feel the same as you, for me Windows 10 is working very well, super fast, boot time about 15 seconds all applications running without any issue, I actually prefer Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 find it's very easy to get around I think it's actually an improvement over Windows 8.1

hawkeye

Guru
A lot of people feel the same as you, for me Windows 10 is working very well, super fast, boot time about 15 seconds all applications running without any issue, I actually prefer Windows 10 to Windows 8.1 find it's very easy to get around I think it's actually an improvement over Windows 8.1

I agree it's an improvement over 8.1 but overall I think it's a step back rather than forward from Windows 7.

gedstar

Guru
I agree it's an improvement over 8.1 but overall I think it's a step back rather than forward from Windows 7.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I work in IT and use Windows 7 in work but much prefer Windows 10 Pro at home, been using Windows since DOS shows my age :rofl:, I've configured Windows 10 to work for me and work for me it does, I don't use apps from the app store and have disabled all the call home stuff that MS introduced. My PC and Laptop run absolutely perfect on Windows 10, I've no issues running any version of Photoshop from CS6 and up. To me it's just a learning curve and coming from Windows 8 it was an easy transition. Anything I need to find I can find in seconds just by typing in the Start Menu, it's that simple!
Don't get me wrong Windows 7 is a great OS and the majority of people still love and use it, but for me personally Windows 10 is a step forward and will only get better with time! :)

Rant Over :biglaff:

hawkeye

Guru
I'm an old DOS man too. Windows 10 certainly works well enough, it's just that I don't see any compelling reasons to dump 7 for it. I believe in the old adage,"If it ain't broke, don't fix it". In all likelihood by the time they quit supporting 7 I'll be ready for a new computer anyway.

Seaco

Power User
OK I've found the answer for my problem PS is now working fine for anyone else using Windows 10 and PS CC try this:

"If the Spacebar hand shortcut and "I" Colour Picker don't work then go to Start and type in "Settings" then "Devices" then click on "Mouse & Touchpad go down to Touchpad and in the dropdown list choose "No Delay (always on)"

DONE!