What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New iMac Question

williamsfw2427

I bought a new iMac this weekend. I've wanted to do this for the longest time because of my struggles with my PC’s using PS though out the years. My problem now is PS is lagging on the Mac bad and I don’t know why? Everything is super smooth with the rest of the computer but PS is just lagging for lack of a better word. I subscribe to CC and have PS and LR and light room seems to work fine but not PS. The Mac is foreign to me and I will struggle with it but this isn’t me. Can someone help?
8G of ram
2G AMD video cart
Are these not good enough to run PS ..?

8 gig of ram is not enough. I recommend maxing it out. I'm running 16 with no lag at all.

8 gig of ram is not enough. I recommend maxing it out. I'm running 16 with no lag at all.

Hi Sam
Even with 16GB or more of RAM some people are still experiencing slowness on MAC's and people have downgraded to CC2014 which works fine, Windows users don't seem to be experiencing this slowness even with only 8GB of RAM, I have tested CC2015 on my Windows 10 laptop which has only 8GB of RAM and it works fine with no lagging or slowness at all.
Here's a thread on the issue
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1874889

Just my €0.02 worth

Last edited:
Hi Sam
Even with 16GB or more of RAM some people are still experiencing slowness on MAC's and people have downgraded to CC2014 which works fine, Windows users don't seem to be experiencing this slowness even with only 8GB of RAM, I have tested CC2015 on my Windows 10 laptop which has only 8GB of RAM and it works fine with no lagging or slowness at all.
Here's a thread on the issue
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1874889

Just my €0.02 worth

I don't doubt this at all! I completely agree with your observations! :thumbsup:

Back