What's new
Photoshop Gurus Forum

Welcome to Photoshop Gurus forum. Register a free account today to become a member! It's completely free. Once signed in, you'll enjoy an ad-free experience and be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tool Tip Problem

meamjw

I am using PS CS5 with Win 7 Pro and am having a longstanding problem with a tooltip popping up when I try to click the X to close an image. This is senseless because the stupid thing is giving me the same information that is already there and it blocks the attempt to click the X. I don't want to turn off all tool tips because I need them sometimes. I have searched every place I know for an answer but have not found one. I'm guessing that someone familiar with script writing could pretty easily create a script that would turn off tool tips with one keystroke and turn them on again with another press of the same key. I know nothing about writing scripts, so if someone could point me to a script writer who would do this I would be willing to pay for the service. I tried to insert a screen capture of what I'm talking about but can't get that to work.

Are you talking about this tool tip, if so it shouldn't effect you been able to close the image, although this is from CS6 I'm sure CS5 would act this same way!

Untitled.jpg

Have you tried resetting preference?
Holding down the Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys while starting up Photoshop will cause a dialog box to appear. You will be prompted to delete your Photoshop settings file.

You could also look here, I know there's people there that write scripts for Adobe products
https://forums.adobe.com/community/photoshop/content

Last edited:

Back